Six Thinking Hats – “Creative thinking is not a talent, it’s a skill that can be learned- Mr. Edward de Bono”
So many problems but cannot find a solution. Post COVID-19 problems might have increased for so many people.
Have you ever felt to be a part of a team or group, but you are not able to become a part of it?
Do you feel awful working in a team?
You cannot deal with problems easily? Cannot make quick decisions?
There would be so many other problems in today’s time which you all would be dealing with daily?
With evolving times problems have evolved too, but people have not evolved the way of finding solutions to the problem.
Mr. Edward de Bono a genius mind, consultant created a new approach in the 1980s which was based on lateral thinking called “6 thinking hats”
“Creative thinking is not a talent, it’s a skill that can be learned- Mr. Edward de Bono”
Let’s start with these thinking hats:
- Yellow Hat: People who wear this hat are highly optimistic in every situation. They will always look at life on the brighter side.
- Green Hat: People who wear this hat are very creative in the approach. They have the knack to think differently to every situation.
- White Hat: The people wearing white hats are very rational. The decision is based on numbers, facts, and figures.
- Red Hat: The people who wear this hat are very intuitive. The decisions are also based on emotions and feelings.
- Black Hat: The people wearing black hats are very cautious decision-makers. They see the black side or negative outcomes first which helps to create a contingency plan or plan B.
- Blue Hat: The people wearing this hat are generally process controllers. These people would be redirecting their tasks to different hats when needed to make the decision quick and smooth.
P.S. Seek first to understand than to be understood five training skills will be a helpful framework to understand somebody’s learning style